Summary dissolution is a simplified and quicker way for couples of short-term marriages to get a divorce — and avoid going to court altogether. However, not everyone can qualify, and those that do must properly prepare all of the paperwork and file it correctly. The assistance of an expert summary dissolution attorney can help immensely with the process.
Requirements to qualify for a summary dissolution in California
• You and your spouse have been married for under 5 years
• You and your spouse do not have children together
• You and your spouse do not own any land together
• You and your spouse cannot rent land together (except where you currently live)
• You and your spouse have less than $38,000 in community property acquired during the marriage
• You must have less than $38,000 of separation property (excluding cars)
• You and your spouse have less than $6,000 in debt (debt acquired during the marriage)
• You and your spouse must be able to agree on division of assets and debts
• You and your spouse must be able to agree that neither of you will receive spousal support
• One spouse must have resided in California for at least six months and have lived in the
United States at least three years
If you think you may qualify for a summary dissolution, Lilian can help you with this simpler and expedited procedure so you and your spouse can move on quickly and confidently to start the next chapters in your lives. Contact Lilian today at (310) 920-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free, no-obligation, and confidential consultation.
Areas of Practice
» Other Areas